Looking for a hobby? 5 Things To Know About Checkers
Checkers has been around for centuries and is a popular pastime for people of all ages. If you’re looking for a new hobby, checkers may be the perfect fit!
Here are 5 things to know about the game:
1. Checkers is a board game that two people can play. The board consists of 64 squares, alternately colored black and white.
2. Each player has 12 pieces, or “checkers.” The checkers are normally round and flat, and they’re traditionally either red or black.
3. The object of the game is to capture all of your opponent’s pieces by jumping over them with one of your own pieces.
4. The game can also be won by putting your opponent into a position where they can’t make any more moves — this is called “stalemate.”
5. Checkers is thought to have originated in ancient Egypt, although there are many similar games that have been found in other cultures around the world.
Whether you’re looking for a fun way to pass the time or a challenging mental exercise, checkers is a great option! With its simple rules and centuries of history, this game is easy to learn but difficult to master. So what are you waiting for? Grab a friend and give checkers a try!